Oregon Statutes - Chapter 348 - Student Aid; Education Stability Fund; Planning - Section 348.849 - Oregon 529 College Savings Board; membership.
(1) There is established the Oregon 529 College Savings Board to administer ORS 348.841 to 348.873.
(2) The board shall consist of:
(a) The State Treasurer, who shall serve as the board chairperson;
(b) A member of the State Board of Higher Education, to be selected by the State Board of Higher Education;
(c) A representative of accredited private colleges and universities located in this state, who shall be appointed by the State Treasurer; and
(d) Two public members, who by reason of their education and experience are qualified to serve, and who shall be appointed by the State Treasurer.
(3)(a) The board member who is a member of the State Board of Higher Education shall serve at the pleasure of the State Board of Higher Education but may not serve on the board following the end of the memberís term on the State Board of Higher Education.
(b) The representative of private colleges and universities and the public members of the board shall serve at the pleasure of the State Treasurer for a term of office of three years. These members of the board may be reappointed to subsequent terms.
(4) The State Treasurer and the Department of Higher Education shall provide staff and assistance to the board in the administration of the Oregon 529 College Savings Network as directed by the board.
(5) A member of the board is entitled to compensation and expenses as provided in ORS 292.495.
(6) A majority of the members of the board constitutes a quorum for the transaction of business. [1999 c.746 §3; 2003 c.280 §8]
Note: See note under 348.841.Section: Previous 348.825 348.830 348.835 348.840 348.841 348.844 348.845 348.849 348.853 348.855 348.856 348.857 348.860 348.863 348.865 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008