Except where the child is taken into custody pursuant to an order of the court, the person taking the child into custody shall promptly file with the court or a counselor a brief written report stating all of the following:
(1) The child’s name, age and address.
(2) The name and address of the person having legal or physical custody of the child.
(3) Efforts to notify the person having legal or physical custody of the child and the results of those efforts.
(4) Reasons for and circumstances under which the child was taken into protective custody.
(5) If the child is not taken to court, the placement of the child.
(6) If the child was not released, the reason why the child was not released.
(7) If the child is not taken to court, why the type of placement was chosen.
(8) Efforts to determine whether the child or the parents have any Indian heritage and the results of those efforts. If the child is an Indian child, the placement of the child shall be according to the preferences and criteria set out in the Indian Child Welfare Act. [1993 c.33 §67; 1993 c.546 §33]Section: Previous 419B.135 419B.150 419B.155 419B.157 419B.160 419B.165 419B.168 419B.171 419B.175 419B.180 419B.183 419B.185 419B.190 419B.192 419B.195 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008