Oregon Statutes - Chapter 433 - Disease and Condition Control; Mass Gatherings; Indoor Air - Section 433.323 - Newborn hearing screening test registry and tracking and recall system; rules.
(1) As used in this section:
(a) “Newborn hearing screening test registry” means a listing of newborn children and information related to their newborn hearing screening tests.
(b) “Tracking and recall system” means a system attached to the newborn hearing screening test registry designed to contact the parent or guardian of a newborn child listed in the newborn hearing screening test registry for the purposes of assisting in testing and in enrollment of the newborn child in early intervention services in a timely manner.
(2) The Department of Human Services shall implement a newborn hearing screening test registry and tracking and recall system. The registry and system shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
(a) Information on the results of newborn hearing screening tests performed at Oregon hospitals, birthing centers and diagnostic facilities.
(b) Notification of the parent or guardian and the health care provider of a newborn child and of the local public health agency of the county in which the parent or guardian resides when the system indicates that a newborn child has not received a newborn hearing screening test, has been referred to a diagnostic facility for a diagnostic evaluation but has not received the evaluation or has been diagnosed with hearing loss but has not been enrolled in an educational institution providing early intervention services.
(3) The department shall adopt rules:
(a) Implementing this section and ORS 433.321;
(b) Ensuring the privacy of individuals about whom information is collected pursuant to this section and ORS 433.321; and
(c) Specifying the forms to be used by hospitals, birthing centers, diagnostic facilities and educational institutions to provide the information required under this section and ORS 433.321.
(4) The department shall analyze the information collected under this section to determine the efficacy of this section and ORS 433.321 in identifying hearing loss in the newborn child population and enrolling newborn children in early intervention services.
(5) The department shall issue an annual report detailing the results of newborn hearing screening tests, diagnostic evaluations and participation in early intervention services.
(6) The department shall implement the newborn hearing screening test registry within existing resources. The department may accept contributions of funds and assistance from the United States Government or its agencies or from any other source, public or private, and agree to conditions not inconsistent with the purposes of the registry. [1999 c.958 §2; 2003 c.240 §2]
Note: 433.323 was enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but was not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 433 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.Section: Previous 433.311 433.312 433.313 433.314 433.315 433.320 433.321 433.323 433.325 433.326 433.327 433.330 433.335 433.340 433.345 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008