Oregon Statutes - Chapter 440 - Health Districts; Port Hospitals
Legal Research Home >
- 440.010 [Amended by 1963 c.607 §1; 1967 c.613 §1; repealed by 1981 c.45 §1]
- 440.020 [Amended by 1967 c.613 §2; repealed by 1981 c.45 §1]
- 440.030 [Amended by 1963 c.607 §2; 1967 c.613 §4; repealed by 1981 c.45 §1]
- 440.040 [1967 c.613 §3; repealed by 1981 c.45 §1]
- 440.110 [Repealed by 1981 c.45 §1]
- 440.120 [Repealed by 1981 c.45 §1]
- 440.130 [Repealed by 1981 c.45 §1]
- 440.140 [Repealed by 1981 c.45 §1]
- 440.150 [Repealed by 1981 c.45 §1]
- 440.160 [Repealed by 1981 c.45 §1]
- 440.170 [Repealed by 1981 c.45 §1]
- 440.180 [Amended by 1967 c.317 §1; repealed by 1981 c.45 §1]
- 440.190 [Repealed by 1981 c.45 §1]
- 440.200 [Amended by 1967 c.317 §2; repealed by 1981 c.45 §1]
- 440.210 [Repealed by 1981 c.45 §1]
- 440.220 [Amended by 1963 c.607 §3; repealed by 1981 c.45 §1]
- 440.230 [Repealed by 1981 c.45 §1]
- 440.305 District created coterminous with each district existing on July 2, 1957; districts existing on July 2, 1957, abolished.
(1) There hereby is created a health district territorially coterminous with each health district existing on July 2, 1957, if such existing health district was...
- 440.310 New district succeeds to and replaces abolished district.
Each health district created by ORS 440.305 (1) shall in all respects be the successor of and replace the territorially coterminous health district abolished by...
- 440.315 Definitions for ORS 440.315 to 440.410.
As used in ORS 440.315 to 440.410, unless the context requires otherwise: (1) “County board” means the county court or board of county commissioners, as...
- 440.320 Health districts authorized.
(1)(a) Health districts may be formed for the purposes of: (A) Providing clinically related diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitative services on an inpatient or outpatient basis;...
- 440.325 Board of directors; qualifications.
The power and authority given to health districts, except as otherwise provided by ORS 440.315 to 440.410, is vested in and shall be exercised by...
- 440.327 First board of directors; how first terms computed; oath; terms; vacancy.
(1) At the election for the first board of directors, five directors shall be elected. Their terms shall commence on the 30th day after the...
- 440.330 Number of directors; terms; effect of absence; district employee not eligible to serve on board.
(1) The board of directors of a district, by resolution offered and adopted at any regular meeting of the board, may increase the number of...
- 440.335 Election of officers of board of directors; duties; quorum.
(1) The directors of a health district shall, at the time of their organization, choose from their number a chairperson, a secretary and a treasurer,...
- 440.340 Directors; meetings; rules.
The district board shall hold meetings at such time and place within the district as it may, from time to time, determine, but it shall...
- 440.345 Position numbers for election of directors.
(1) Each office of director of a health district shall be designated by number as Position No. 1, Position No. 2 and so forth. (2)...
- 440.347 District elections.
(1) ORS chapter 255 governs the following: (a) The nomination and election of directors. (b) The conduct of district elections. (2) The electors of a...
- 440.350 Call of special elections.
The board, at any regular meeting, may call a special election of the electors of the district. [Formerly 441.305]
- 440.355 [Formerly 441.315; repealed by 1979 c.190 §431]
- 440.360 Powers of health districts.
A health district has all powers necessary to carry out the purposes of ORS 440.315 to 440.410, including, but not limited to, the power: (1)...
- 440.365 User charges.
A health district is authorized to charge persons who use district facilities and services. [Formerly 441.325; 1999 c.630 §3]
- 440.370 Eminent domain.
A health district may exercise within its boundaries the power of eminent domain and may purchase, sell, condemn and appropriate real property, water, water rights...
- 440.375 Authority to issue bonds.
(1) For the purpose of carrying into effect the powers granted by ORS 440.315 to 440.410, a health district, when authorized at any properly called...
- 440.380 Bonds; maturity; interest; conditions.
(1) The bonds shall mature serially within not to exceed 30 years from issue date. (2) The bonds shall bear such rate of interest as...
- 440.385 Pledge of income and revenues to secure payment of bonds.
(1) For the purpose of additionally securing the payment of the principal of and interest on general obligation bonds issued under ORS 440.375, a health...
- 440.390 Issuance of bonds.
All general obligation bonds issued under ORS 440.375 shall be issued as prescribed in ORS chapter 287A. [Formerly 441.355; 2007 c.783 §185]
- 440.395 Tax levies; use; extension; collection; default.
(1) Any health district may assess, levy and collect taxes not to exceed one-fourth of one percent (0.0025) of the real market value of all...
- 440.397 Filing of boundary change.
For purposes of ad valorem taxation, a boundary change must be filed in final approved form with the county assessor and the Department of Revenue...
- 440.400 Expenditure and accounting of district funds.
(1) Except as otherwise provided by subsections (3) and (4) of this section, all money of a health district shall be deposited in one or...
- 440.403 Adoption of health district budget.
(1) A health district shall adopt an annual budget by: (a) Preparing a proposed budget for the fiscal year not later than June 1 of...
- 440.405 District records open to inspection; preservation of records.
(1) All the proceedings of the district board shall be entered at large in a record book. (2) All books, maps, plans, documents, correspondence, vouchers,...
- 440.410 Annual audit.
An annual audit of the district shall be made by an auditor. A true and complete copy of the auditor’s report of such audit shall...
- 440.420 Medicaid Upper Payment Limit Account.
(1) The Medicaid Upper Payment Limit Account is established in the State Treasury separate and distinct from the General Fund. Moneys in the account are...
- 440.505 Port hospitals; levy of taxes; property exempt from taxation.
(1) A port may construct, maintain and operate hospitals within its boundaries, subject to the provisions and limitations upon indebtedness of the port imposed by...
Last modified: August 7, 2008