Oregon Statutes - Chapter 441 - Health Care Facilities - Section 441.172 - Definitions for ORS 441.172 to 441.182.
As used in ORS 441.172 to 441.182:
(1) “Affiliated hospital” means a hospital that has a business relationship with another hospital.
(2) “Hospital” means:
(a) An acute inpatient care facility, as defined in ORS 442.470; or
(b) A hospital as described in ORS 442.015.
(3) “Manager” means a person who:
(a) Has authority to direct and control the work performance of nursing staff;
(b) Has authority to take corrective action regarding a violation of law or a rule or a violation of professional standards of practice, about which a nursing staff has complained; or
(c) Has been designated by a hospital to receive the notice described in ORS 441.174 (2).
(4) “Nursing staff” means a registered nurse, a licensed practical nurse, a nursing assistant or any other assistive nursing personnel.
(5) “Public body” has the meaning given that term in ORS 30.260.
(6) “Retaliatory action” means the discharge, suspension, demotion, harassment, denial of employment or promotion, or layoff of a nursing staff, or other adverse action taken against a nursing staff in the terms or conditions of employment of the nursing staff, as a result of filing a complaint. [2001 c.609 §9]
Note: See note under 441.160.Section: Previous 441.153 441.160 441.162 441.164 441.166 441.168 441.170 441.172 441.174 441.176 441.178 441.180 441.182 441.192 441.195 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008