Oregon Statutes - Chapter 442 - Health Planning - Section 442.830 - Oregon Patient Safety Commission Board of Directors.
(1) There is established the Oregon Patient Safety Commission Board of Directors consisting of 17 members, including the Public Health Officer and 16 directors who shall be appointed by the Governor and who shall be confirmed by the Senate in the manner prescribed in ORS 171.562 and 171.565.
(2) Membership on the board shall reflect the diversity of facilities, providers, insurers, purchasers and consumers that are involved in patient safety. Directors shall demonstrate interest, knowledge or experience in the area of patient safety.
(3) The membership of the board shall be as follows:
(a) The Public Health Officer or the officer’s designee;
(b) One faculty member, who is not involved in the direct delivery of health care, of the Oregon University System or a private Oregon university;
(c) Two representatives of group purchasers of health care, one of whom shall be employed by a state or other governmental entity and neither of whom may provide direct health care services or have an immediate family member who is involved in the delivery of health care;
(d) Two representatives of health care consumers, neither of whom may provide direct health care services or have an immediate family member who is involved in the delivery of health care;
(e) Two representatives of health insurers, including a representative of a domestic not-for-profit health care service contractor, a representative of a domestic insurance company licensed to transact health insurance or a representative of a health maintenance organization;
(f) One representative of a statewide or national labor organization;
(g) Two physicians licensed under ORS chapter 677 who are in active practice;
(h) Two hospital administrators or their designees;
(i) One pharmacist licensed under ORS chapter 689;
(j) One representative of an ambulatory surgical center or an outpatient renal dialysis facility;
(k) One nurse licensed under ORS chapter 678 who is in active clinical practice; and
(L) One nursing home administrator licensed under ORS chapter 678 or one nursing home director of nursing services.
(4) The term of office of each director appointed by the Governor is four years. Before the expiration of the term of a director, the Governor shall appoint a successor whose term begins on October 1 next following. A director is eligible for reappointment for an additional term. If there is a vacancy for any cause, the Governor shall make an appointment to become effective immediately for the unexpired term. The board shall nominate a slate of candidates whenever a vacancy occurs or is announced and shall forward the recommended candidates to the Governor for consideration.
(5) The board shall select one of its members as chairperson and another as vice chairperson for the terms and with the duties and powers as the board considers necessary for performance of the functions of those offices. The board shall adopt bylaws as necessary for the efficient and effective operation of the commission.
(6) The Governor may remove any member of the board at any time at the pleasure of the Governor, but not more than eight directors shall be removed within a period of four years, unless it is for corrupt conduct in office. The board may remove a director as specified in the commission bylaws.
(7) The board may appoint subcommittees and advisory groups as needed to assist the board, including but not limited to one or more consumer advisory groups and technical advisory groups. The technical advisory groups shall include physicians, nurses and other licensed or certified professionals with specialty knowledge and experience as necessary to assist the board.
(8) No voting member of the board may be an employee of the commission. [2003 c.686 §7; 2007 c.71 §130; 2007 c.476 §5]
Note: See note under 442.820.Section: Previous 442.730 442.735 442.740 442.745 442.750 442.755 442.760 442.800 442.805 442.807 442.820 442.825 442.830 442.835 442.990 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008