Oregon Statutes - Chapter 447 - Plumbing; Architectural Barriers - Section 447.152 - Plumbing products rules; standards; certification.
In compliance with ORS chapter 183, the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services, with the approval of the State Plumbing Board, shall adopt rules, including but not limited to:
(1) Governing minimum safety standards for design and construction of plumbing products to be sold or disposed of in this state.
(2) Establishing procedures for certification of plumbing products.
(3) Establishing criteria for approval of plumbing product testing laboratories and listing agencies, including but not limited to:
(a) Independence from manufacturers, vendors and when applicable, testing laboratories;
(b) Ethical testing and business standards;
(c) Test quality control;
(d) Continuity of monitoring continuing product safety;
(e) Certification and listing procedures; and
(f) Record keeping.
(4) Providing for certified or listed product identification.
(5) Establishing criteria for approval of a plumbing product by a special deputy similar to those rules established for testing laboratories.
(6) Governing the internal organization and procedure for administering and enforcing ORS 447.152, 447.154 and 447.156 (1) and (2). [1993 c.396 §3]Section: Previous 447.120 447.124 447.130 447.135 447.140 447.145 447.150 447.152 447.154 447.156 447.160 447.210 447.220 447.230 447.231 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008