Oregon Statutes - Chapter 465 - Hazardous Waste and Hazardous Materials I - Section 465.375 - Monthly fee of operators; amount; use of moneys.
(1) Every person who operates a facility for the purpose of disposing of hazardous waste or PCB that is subject to interim status or a permit issued under ORS 466.005 to 466.385 and 466.992 shall pay a hazardous waste management fee by the 45th day after the last day of each month for all waste brought into the facility during that month for treatment by incinerator or for disposal by landfill at the facility. The operator of the facility shall provide to every person who disposes of waste at the facility a statement showing the amount of the hazardous waste management fee paid by the person to the facility.
(2) The hazardous waste management fee under subsection (1) of this section shall be $20 a ton.
(3) In addition to the fee required under subsection (2) of this section, $10 per ton shall be included as part of the hazardous waste management fee for waste described in subsection (1) of this section.
(4) The additional amounts collected under subsection (3) of this section shall be deposited in the State Treasury to the credit of an account of the Department of Environmental Quality. Such moneys are continuously appropriated to the department to be used to carry out the departmentís duties under ORS 466.005 to 466.385 related to the management of hazardous waste.
(5) At least 50 percent of the fees collected under subsection (3) of this section shall be used by the department to implement ORS 466.068. [Formerly 466.587; 1991 c.721 §1; 1995 c.552 §1; 2005 c.622 §1]Section: Previous 465.320 465.325 465.327 465.330 465.333 465.335 465.340 465.375 465.376 465.378 465.380 465.381 465.385 465.386 465.390 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008