(1) During the season of the year when there is danger of fire, every owner of forestland shall provide adequate protection against the starting or spread of fire thereon or therefrom, which protection shall meet with the approval of the State Board of Forestry.
(2) Subsection (1) of this section is considered to have been complied with if, on January 1 of each year, the owner:
(a) Files with the forester a bona fide forest protection plan that meets with the approval of the board; or
(b) Is a member in good standing in a forest protective association maintaining a standard of protection approved by the board.
(3) The forester shall make periodic inspections of the protection facilities provided in order to ascertain compliance by the owner.
(4) In case any owner of forestland shall fail or neglect to file such a fire plan or maintain the standard of protection approved by the board, either through compliance with the fire plan or membership in an approved association, then the forester under the direction of the board shall provide forest protection pursuant to ORS 477.205 to 477.281.
(5) The forester shall provide protection pursuant to ORS 477.205 to 477.281 for forestland owned by the state or by a political subdivision located within a forest protection district, unless adequate protection as required by this section is otherwise provided. [Formerly 477.024; 2003 c.14 §314]Section: Previous 477.186 477.187 477.188 477.190 477.195 477.200 477.205 477.210 477.212 477.214 477.215 477.216 477.217 477.218 477.220 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008