Oregon Statutes - Chapter 477 - Fire Protection of Forests and Vegetation - Section 477.277 - Additional assessment to maintain unencumbered balance of Oregon Forest Land Protection Fund.
(1) In addition to any other assessment prescribed by ORS 477.205 to 477.281, in any fiscal year in which the Emergency Fire Cost Committee determines pursuant to ORS 477.760 that the unencumbered balance of the Oregon Forest Land Protection Fund is less than $22.5 million, a surcharge shall be levied and assessed in the amount of $47.50 for each improved lot or parcel, except as provided in ORS 477.760, to defray the increased cost of fire suppression on forestland that is caused by the existence of the improvements.
(2) All surcharge moneys collected pursuant to this section shall be paid into the Oregon Forest Land Protection Fund.
(3) If an owner of forestland files a forest protection plan with the forester which is approved by the State Board of Forestry under ORS 477.210 (2), the owner shall not be required to pay the surcharge levied under subsection (1) of this section.
(4) Contiguous lots included in a combined lot that is described in ORS 477.295 (3)(a) and whose owner has made application to the forester under ORS 477.295 (4) are considered one lot for purposes of subsection (1) of this section.
(5) As used in this section, a lot or parcel is “improved” if it is indicated as improved in the county assessor’s property classification files or if a manufactured dwelling is sited on the lot or parcel. [1989 c.769 §3; 1991 c.639 §2; 1993 c.430 §1; 2003 c.685 §§1,6; 2005 c.802 §7; 2007 c.779 §2]
Note: Section 5, chapter 779, Oregon Laws 2007, provides:
Sec. 5. The amendments to ORS 477.277 and 477.295 by sections 2 and 3 of this 2007 Act apply to tax years beginning on or after July 1, 2008. [2007 c.779 §5]Section: Previous 477.260 477.265 477.270 477.272 477.274 477.275 477.276 477.277 477.278 477.280 477.281 477.282 477.284 477.285 477.286 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008