Oregon Statutes - Chapter 542 - Water Resource Surveys and Projects; Compacts
Legal Research Home >
- 542.010 Contract by Water Resources Commission with federal agencies for investigating and developing water resources; expenses.
In order that the natural resources of Oregon in land, water and power may be utilized to the highest advantage of the people, complete cooperation...
- 542.020 Purpose of law.
The intent of ORS 542.010 to 542.050, as outlined in ORS 542.010, is to have on file ready and available, such detailed surveys and information...
- 542.030 Report by commission; contents; copies for public inspection.
As soon as practicable after the completion of the surveys and investigations, the Water Resources Commission shall prepare or have prepared a report setting forth...
- 542.040 Withholding water from appropriation pending investigation; restrictions on permit to appropriate; repayment of cost of project.
(1) The Water Resources Commission, on behalf of the state, shall withdraw and withhold from appropriation any unappropriated water which may be required for any...
- 542.050 Construction work; minor portions of project.
As the purposes of ORS 542.010 to 542.050 are to secure the most immediate, as well as the most beneficial, ultimate use of the available...
- 542.060 Information on availability of water for beneficial uses; duties of Water Resources Commission; gauging stations; publication of information.
The Water Resources Commission shall establish gauging stations at suitable points on the various streams of the state to determine the daily and seasonal fluctuations...
- 542.070 Entry on lands.
In order to carry out the purpose of ORS 542.060 all persons employed under that section may enter and cross all lands within the state;...
- 542.075 Identification and funding of water projects offering significant public benefit; limitation.
(1) The Water Resources Commission, with the approval of the Governor, may identify proposed or existing water projects which offer significant public benefit, and recommend...
- 542.080 Cooperation with federal agencies; contracts.
On behalf of this state, the Water Resources Commission may cooperate with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, the United States Geological Survey, the United States...
- 542.090 Moneys from licenses under Federal Waterpower Act; disposal.
Any moneys arising from power licenses under the Federal Waterpower Act, approved June 10, 1920, and paid over to the state, shall be credited by...
- 542.100 Acceptance and expenditure of gifts and grants for hydrologic investigations; accounting.
The Water Resources Commission may accept and expend moneys from any public or private source, including the federal government, made available for the purpose of...
- 542.110 Public interest requiring construction of system of works.
(1) It hereby is declared that public interest, welfare, convenience and necessity require the construction of a system of works in accordance with the general...
- 542.120 [Repealed by 1955 c.707 §75]
- 542.130 [Repealed by 1955 c.707 §75]
- 542.140 [Repealed by 1955 c.707 §75]
- 542.150 [Repealed by 1955 c.707 §75]
- 542.160 [Repealed by 1955 c.707 §75]
- 542.210 Construction of federal dams and structures in Rogue River; limitations.
In order to further necessary investigations and studies for the maximum development of the Rogue River basin and watershed and to conserve established and potential...
- 542.310 [Amended by 1953 c.622 §5; repealed by 1955 c.707 §75]
- 542.320 [Amended by 1953 c.622 §5; repealed by 1955 c.707 §75]
- 542.330 [Amended by 1953 c.622 §5; repealed by 1955 c.707 §75]
- 542.340 [1953 c.622 §4; repealed by 1955 c.707 §75]
- 542.410 [1953 c.431 §1; repealed by 1957 c.142 §5]
- 542.420 [1953 c.431 §2; repealed by 1957 c.142 §5]
- 542.430 [1953 c.431 §3; repealed by 1957 c.142 §5]
- 542.440 [1953 c.431 §4; repealed by 1957 c.142 §5]
- 542.450 [1953 c.431 §5; repealed by 1957 c.142 §5]
- 542.460 [1953 c.431 §8; repealed by 1957 c.142 §5]
- 542.470 [1953 c.431 §7; repealed by 1957 c.142 §5]
- 542.480 [1953 c.431 §9; repealed by 1957 c.142 §5]
- 542.490 [1953 c.431 §6; repealed by 1957 c.142 §5]
- 542.510 Oregon-California Goose Lake Interstate Compact ratified; when effective.
(1) The Legislative Assembly of the State of Oregon hereby ratifies the Oregon-California Goose Lake Interstate Compact as set out in ORS 542.520. The provisions...
- 542.520 Oregon-California Goose Lake Interstate Compact.
The provisions of the Oregon-California Goose Lake Interstate Compact are as follows: ______________________________________________________________________________ ARTICLE I PURPOSES The major purposes of this compact are: A. To...
- 542.550 Content of Columbia River Natural Resources Management Compact; when effective.
A compact, in form as in this section fully set forth, shall be in effect when the States of Idaho, Montana and Washington become parties...
- 542.610 Klamath River Basin Compact ratified; when effective.
(1) The Legislative Assembly of the State of Oregon hereby ratifies the Klamath River Basin Compact set forth in ORS 542.620, and the provisions of...
- 542.620 Klamath River Basin Compact.
The provisions of the Klamath River Basin Compact are as follows: ______________________________________________________________________________ ARTICLE I PURPOSES The major purposes of this compact are, with respect to...
- 542.630 Water Resources Director to represent state in administering the Klamath River Basin Compact.
The Water Resources Director shall be the only representative of this state in administering the Klamath River Basin Compact set forth in ORS 542.620. The...
- 542.710 Test stream and watershed study.
(1) The Department of Higher Education, under the direction of the State Board of Higher Education acting through the Agricultural Experiment Station of Oregon State...
- 542.720 Assistance and grants for study.
For purposes of ORS 542.710, the State Board of Higher Education may accept assistance and grants in the form of real or personal property, money,...
- 542.750 Cooperative studies of projects under federal Watershed Protection and Flood Prevention Act.
(1) The Water Resources Commission may make surveys and investigations and prepare plans, specifications, estimates and other data, as in the commissionís judgment can accomplish...
Speak with a Lawyer in Oregon
Last modified: August 7, 2008