Each container of vegetable seed or flower seed that is sold, offered for sale, exposed for sale or transported within this state and that has a net weight of one pound or less shall be legibly labeled:
(1) With the commonly accepted name of the kind or the kind and variety of the seed.
(2) With the name and address of the person who labeled the seed or who sells, offers or exposes such seed for sale within this state.
(3) With the year for which the seed was packed for sale, or the percentage of germination and the date the test was completed.
(4) In the case of seed that has a percentage of germination less than the standard prescribed by the Director of Agriculture under authority of ORS 633.680, with:
(a) The percentage of germination.
(b) The percentage of hard seed, if more than one percent.
(c) The month and year the test to determine the data required by this section was completed.
(d) The words “substandard germination” in not less than eight-point boldfaced type.
(5) With the labeling data required by ORS 633.520 (12) and (13). [1955 c.379 §4; 1969 c.132 §3; 1995 c.371 §3; 2007 c.281 §3]Section: Previous 633.485 633.495 633.500 633.510 633.511 633.520 633.530 633.531 633.540 633.541 633.545 633.550 633.560 633.561 633.570 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008