Oregon Statutes - Chapter 676 - Health Professions Generally - Section 676.992 - Civil penalties.
(1) Except as provided in subsection (3) of this section, and in addition to any other penalty or remedy provided by law, the Oregon Health Licensing Agency may impose a civil penalty not to exceed $5,000 for each violation of the following statutes and any rule adopted thereunder:
(a) ORS 688.701 to 688.734 (athletic training);
(b) ORS 690.500 to 690.570 (body piercing);
(c) ORS 690.005 to 690.235 (cosmetology);
(d) ORS 680.500 to 680.570 (denture technology);
(e) ORS 687.405 to 687.495 (direct entry midwifery);
(f) ORS 690.350 to 690.430 (electrology and permanent coloring or tattooing);
(g) ORS 694.015 to 694.185 (dealing in hearing aids);
(h) ORS 688.800 to 688.840 (respiratory therapy);
(i) ORS chapter 700 (environmental sanitation);
(j) ORS 676.617 (single facility licensure); and
(k) ORS 675.360 to 675.410 (sex offender treatment).
(2) The agency may take any other disciplinary action that it finds proper, including but not limited to assessment of costs of disciplinary proceedings, not to exceed $5,000, for violation of any statute or rule adopted under any statute listed in subsection (1) of this section.
(3) Subsection (1) of this section does not limit the amount of the civil penalty resulting from a violation of ORS 694.042.
(4) In imposing a civil penalty pursuant to this section, the agency shall consider the following factors:
(a) The immediacy and extent to which the violation threatens the public health or safety;
(b) Any prior violations of statutes, rules or orders;
(c) The history of the person incurring a penalty in taking all feasible steps to correct any violation; and
(d) Any other aggravating or mitigating factors.
(5) Civil penalties under this section shall be imposed as provided in ORS 183.745.
(6) The moneys received by the agency from civil penalties under this section shall be paid into the General Fund of the State Treasury and credited to the Oregon Health Licensing Agency Account established under ORS 676.625. Such moneys are continuously appropriated to the agency for the administration and enforcement of the laws the agency is charged with administering and enforcing that govern the person against whom the penalty was imposed. [2003 c.547 §4; 2005 c.648 §14; 2007 c.841 §17]
Note: 676.992 was added to and made a part of 676.605 to 676.625 by legislative action but was not added to ORS chapters 676 to 681 or any chapter or series therein. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
_______________Section: Previous 676.600 676.605 676.606 676.607 676.608 676.610 676.612 676.613 676.615 676.617 676.618 676.620 676.625 676.990 676.992
Last modified: August 7, 2008