Oregon Statutes - Chapter 681 - Hearing and Speech Professionals - Section 681.360 - Certificate for speech-language pathology assistant; requirements; renewal; exception; grounds for denial, suspension or revocation; rules.
(1) A person may not perform the duties of a speech-language pathology assistant or use the title speech-language pathology assistant without a certificate to do so issued under this section.
(2) To obtain a certificate to perform the duties of a speech-language pathology assistant, a person shall:
(a) Submit an application in the form prescribed by the State Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology;
(b) Pay the certificate fee established by the board;
(c) Demonstrate that the person meets the qualifications for certification established by the board; and
(d) Comply with all other requirements for certification established by the board.
(3) A certificate issued under this section expires every two years. To renew a certificate to perform the duties of a speech-language pathology assistant, a person shall:
(a) Submit the renewal application in the form prescribed by the board;
(b) Pay the renewal fee established by the board; and
(c) Comply with all other requirements for certificate renewal established by the board, including but not limited to submission of evidence of participation in professional development activities.
(4) A person may not employ or otherwise use the services of a speech-language pathology assistant unless the speech-language pathology assistant is certified under this section.
(5) The board may establish by rule criteria under which a person not licensed under this chapter who holds a basic or standard teaching license in speech impaired or an initial or continuing teaching license in communication disorders issued by the Teaching Standards and Practices Commission may supervise a speech-language pathology assistant working in a school.
(6) The board may refuse to issue a certificate, or may suspend or revoke the certificate, of any certified speech-language pathology assistant pursuant to the provisions of ORS 681.350. [2001 c.626 §4; 2005 c.698 §14]Section: Previous 681.300 681.310 681.320 681.325 681.330 681.340 681.350 681.360 681.365 681.370 681.375 681.400 681.410 681.420 681.430 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008