Oregon Statutes - Chapter 757 - Utility Regulation Generally - Section 757.800 - Definitions for ORS 757.800 and 757.805.
As used in this section and ORS 757.805, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) “Authorized person” means:
(a) An employee of a utility which produces, transmits or delivers electricity.
(b) An employee of a utility which provides and whose work relates to communication services or state, county or municipal agencies which have authorized circuit construction on or near the poles or structures of a utility.
(c) An employee or agent of an industrial plant whose work relates to the electric system of the industrial plant.
(d) An employee of a cable television or communication services company or an employee of a contractor of a cable television or communication services company if specifically authorized by the owners of the poles to make cable television or communication services attachments.
(e) An employee or agent of state, county or municipal agencies which have or whose work relates to overhead electric lines or circuit construction or conductors on poles or structures of any type.
(f) An employee of a transmission company as defined in ORS 758.015.
(2) “High voltage” means voltage in excess of 600 volts measured between conductors or between a conductor and the ground.
(3) “Overhead line” means all bare or insulated electric conductors installed above ground.
(4) “Person” or “business entity” means those parties who contract to perform any function or activity upon any land, building, highway or other premises.
(5) “Utility” means any electric or communication utility described by ORS 757.005, any plant owned or operated by a municipality, any person furnishing community antenna television service to the public and any cooperative corporation or people’s utility district engaged in furnishing electric or communication service to customers.
(6) “Proximity” means within 10 feet or such greater distance as may be prescribed by rule adopted pursuant to ORS chapter 654. [1989 c.672 §2; 2001 c.913 §5]Section: Previous 757.691 757.710 757.720 757.730 757.750 757.755 757.760 757.800 757.805 757.810 757.812 757.814 757.815 757.818 757.820 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008