Oregon Statutes - Chapter 813 - Driving Under the Influence of Intoxicants - Section 813.010 - Driving under the influence of intoxicants; penalty.
(1) A person commits the offense of driving while under the influence of intoxicants if the person drives a vehicle while the person:
(a) Has 0.08 percent or more by weight of alcohol in the blood of the person as shown by chemical analysis of the breath or blood of the person made under ORS 813.100, 813.140 or 813.150;
(b) Is under the influence of intoxicating liquor, a controlled substance or an inhalant; or
(c) Is under the influence of any combination of intoxicating liquor, an inhalant and a controlled substance.
(2) A person may not be convicted of driving while under the influence of intoxicants on the basis of being under the influence of a controlled substance or an inhalant unless the fact that the person was under the influence of a controlled substance or an inhalant is pleaded in the accusatory instrument and is either proved at trial or is admitted by the person through a guilty plea.
(3) A person convicted of the offense described in this section is subject to ORS 813.020 in addition to this section.
(4) Except as provided in subsection (5) of this section, the offense described in this section, driving while under the influence of intoxicants, is a Class A misdemeanor and is applicable upon any premises open to the public.
(5)(a) Driving while under the influence of intoxicants is a Class C felony if the current offense was committed in a motor vehicle and the defendant has been convicted, at least three times in the 10 years prior to the date of the current offense, of any of the following offenses in any combination:
(A) Driving while under the influence of intoxicants in violation of:
(i) This section; or
(ii) The statutory counterpart to this section in another jurisdiction.
(B) A driving under the influence of intoxicants offense in another jurisdiction that involved the impaired driving or operation of a vehicle, an aircraft or a boat due to the use of intoxicating liquor, a controlled substance, an inhalant or any combination thereof.
(C) A driving offense in another jurisdiction that involved operating a vehicle, an aircraft or a boat while having a blood alcohol content above that jurisdictionís permissible blood alcohol content.
(b) For the purposes of paragraph (a) of this subsection, a conviction for a driving offense in another jurisdiction based solely on a person under 21 years of age having a blood alcohol content that is lower than the permissible blood alcohol content in that jurisdiction for a person 21 years of age or older does not constitute a prior conviction.
(6) In addition to any other sentence that may be imposed, the court shall impose a fine on a person convicted of driving while under the influence of intoxicants as follows:
(a) For a personís first conviction, a minimum of $1,000.
(b) For a personís second conviction, a minimum of $1,500.
(c) For a personís third or subsequent conviction, a minimum of $2,000 if the person is not sentenced to a term of imprisonment.
(7) Notwithstanding ORS 161.635, $10,000 is the maximum fine that a court may impose on a person convicted of driving while under the influence of intoxicants if:
(a) The current offense was committed in a motor vehicle; and
(b) There was a passenger in the motor vehicle who was under 18 years of age and was at least three years younger than the person driving the motor vehicle. [1983 c.338 §587; 1985 c.16 §293; 1987 c.138 §5; 1991 c.835 §7; 1999 c.619 §3; 1999 c.1049 §1; 2003 c.14 §495; 2003 c.445 §1; 2007 c.879 §3]Section: 813.010 813.012 813.020 813.021 813.025 813.030 813.040 813.050 813.052 813.095 813.100 813.110 813.120 813.130 813.131 Next
Speak with a Lawyer in Oregon
Last modified: August 7, 2008