Oregon Statutes - Chapter 87 - Statutory Liens - Section 87.816 - Keeping of index and files with respect to tax liens; certification by filing officer; fee; rules.
(1) If a notice of federal lien, a refiling of a notice of federal lien, or a notice of revocation of any certificate described in subsection (2) of this section is presented to a filing officer who is:
(a) The Secretary of State, the secretary shall cause the notice or refiled notice to be marked, held and indexed in accordance with the provisions of ORS 79.0519 as if the notice or refiled notice were a financing statement within the meaning of ORS chapter 79; or
(b) Any other officer described in ORS 87.806, the officer shall indorse thereon the identification of the officer and the date and time of receipt and forthwith file it alphabetically or enter it in an alphabetical index showing the name and address of the person named in the notice or refiled notice, the date and time of receipt, the title and address of the official or entity certifying the lien and the total amount appearing on the notice of lien or refiled notice of lien.
(2) If a certificate of release, nonattachment, discharge or subordination of any lien is presented to the Secretary of State for filing, the secretary shall:
(a) Cause a certificate of release to be marked, held and indexed as if the certificate were a termination statement within the meaning of ORS 79.0512;
(b) Cause a certificate of discharge or subordination to be held, marked and indexed as if the certificate were a release of collateral within the meaning of ORS 79.0512; and
(c) Cause a certificate of nonattachment to be marked, held and indexed as if the certificate were an amendment of a financing statement within the meaning of ORS 79.0512.
(3) If any refiled notice of federal lien or notice of revocation referred to in subsection (1) of this section or any of the certificates specified in subsection (2) of this section is presented for filing with any other filing officer specified in ORS 87.806, the officer shall permanently attach the refiled notice, certificate or notice to the original notice of lien and shall enter the refiled notice, certificate or notice with the date of filing in any alphabetical lien index on the line where the original notice of lien is entered.
(4) Upon request of any person, the filing officer shall issue the certificate of the filing officer showing whether there is on file in the officer’s office, on the date and hour stated therein, any notice of lien or certificate or notice affecting any lien naming a particular person, and if a notice or certificate is on file, giving the date and hour of its filing. All financing statements and statements of assignment, if any, filed pursuant to ORS chapter 79 for a particular debtor whose name is identical to the particular person named in the lien shall be shown on this certificate. The uniform fee for such a certificate for a particular person shall be prescribed by the Secretary of State by rule. If the request for the certificate is in writing and not in the standard form prescribed by the Secretary of State, an additional fee shall be prescribed. Upon request the filing officer shall furnish a copy of any notice of federal lien or notice or certificate affecting a federal lien for a fee as prescribed by the Secretary of State by rule under ORS 79.0525.
(5) Notice of a federal lien or a refiling of a notice of federal lien is effective for a period of 10 years from the date of assessment. A notice or refiling of a notice of a federal lien shall state:
(a) The date the tax was assessed; and
(b) That the effective period of the lien is as provided by federal law. [1967 c.445 §4; 1971 c.621 §18; 1975 c.607 §20; 1979 c.833 §21; 1981 c.835 §11a; 1981 c.852 §4; 1983 c.220 §2; 1985 c.442 §1; 1985 c.469 §8; 1989 c.111 §10; 1993 c.135 §1; 2001 c.445 §164]Section: Previous 87.785 87.790 87.805 87.806 87.810 87.811 87.815 87.816 87.820 87.821 87.825 87.826 87.830 87.831 87.835 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008