(1) Except as provided under subsections (2) to (6) of this section, a fixed term tenancy for space for a manufactured dwelling or floating home, upon reaching its ending date, automatically renews as a month-to-month tenancy having the same terms and conditions, other than duration and rent increases under ORS 90.600, unless the tenancy is terminated under ORS 90.380 (5)(b), 90.394, 90.396, 90.398, 90.630 or 90.632.
(2) To renew or extend a fixed term tenancy for another term, of any duration that is consistent with ORS 90.540, the landlord shall submit the proposed new rental agreement to the tenant at least 60 days prior to the ending date of the term. The landlord shall include with the proposed agreement a written statement that summarizes any new or revised terms, conditions, rules or regulations.
(3) Notwithstanding ORS 90.610 (3), a landlordís proposed new rental agreement may include new or revised terms, conditions, rules or regulations, if the new or revised terms, conditions, rules or regulations:
(a)(A) Fairly implement a statute or ordinance adopted after the creation of the existing agreement; or
(B) Are the same as those offered to new or prospective tenants in the facility at the time the proposed agreement is submitted to the tenant and for the six-month period preceding the submission of the proposed agreement or, if there have been no new or prospective tenants during the six-month period, are the same as are customary for the rental market;
(b) Are consistent with the rights and remedies provided to tenants under this chapter, including the right to keep a pet pursuant to ORS 90.530;
(c) Do not relate to the age, size, style, construction material or year of construction of the manufactured dwelling or floating home contrary to ORS 90.632 (2); and
(d) Do not require an alteration of the manufactured dwelling or floating home or alteration or new construction of an accessory building or structure.
(4) A tenant shall accept or reject a landlordís proposed new rental agreement at least 30 days prior to the ending of the term by giving written notice to the landlord.
(5) If a landlord fails to submit a proposed new rental agreement as provided by subsection (2) of this section, the tenancy renews as a month-to-month tenancy as provided by subsection (1) of this section.
(6) If a tenant fails to accept or unreasonably rejects a landlordís proposed new rental agreement as provided by subsection (4) of this section, the fixed term tenancy terminates on the ending date without further notice and the landlord may take possession by complying with ORS 105.105 to 105.168.
(7) If a tenancy terminates under conditions described in subsection (6) of this section, and the tenant surrenders or delivers possession of the premises to the landlord prior to the filing of an action pursuant to ORS 105.110, the tenant has the right to enter into a written storage agreement with the landlord, with the tenant having the same rights and responsibilities as a lienholder under ORS 90.675 (19), except that the landlord may limit the term of the storage agreement to not exceed six months. Unless the parties agree otherwise, the storage agreement must commence upon the date of the termination of the tenancy. The rights under ORS 90.675 of any lienholder are delayed until the end of the tenant storage agreement. [2001 c.596 §24; 2003 c.658 §6; 2005 c.22 §64; 2005 c.391 §24]Section: Previous 90.531 90.532 90.534 90.536 90.537 90.539 90.540 90.545 90.555 90.600 90.605 90.610 90.620 90.630 90.632 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008