30 USC 1807 - Executive Director
Sec. 1807. Executive Director(a)
Function, appointment, and compensation
There shall be an Executive Director (hereinafter referred to as the "Director"), who shall be chief administrator of the Council. The Director shall be appointed by the Council full time and shall be paid at the rate not to exceed the rate of basic pay provided for level III of the Executive Schedule.
Personnel and services of experts and consultants; rules and regulations
The Director is authorized—
(1) to employ such personnel as may be necessary for the Council to carry out its duties and functions under this chapter, but not to exceed twelve compensated employees;
(2) to obtain the services of experts and consultants in accordance with the provisions of section 3109 of title 5; and
(3) to develop, subject to approval by the Council, rules and regulations necessary to carry out the purposes of this chapter.
Consultation with other groups; utilization of public and private services, facilities, and information
In exercising his responsibilities and duties under this chapter, the Director—
(1) may consult with representatives of academia, industry, labor, State and local governments, and other groups; and
(2) shall utilize to the fullest extent possible the services, facilities, and information (including statistical information) of public and private agencies, organizations, and individuals.
Utilization of voluntary and uncompensated labor and services
Notwithstanding section 1342 of title 31, the Council may utilize voluntary and uncompensated labor and services in carrying out its duties and functions.
Last modified: July 21, 2011