33 USC 1381 - Grants to States for establishment of revolving funds
Sec. 1381. Grants to States for establishment of revolving funds(a)
Subject to the provisions of this subchapter, the Administrator shall make capitalization grants to each State for the purpose of establishing a water pollution control revolving fund for providing assistance
(1) for construction of treatment works (as defined in section 1292 of this title) which are publicly owned,
(2) for implementing a management program under section 1329 of this title, and
(3) for developing and implementing a conservation and management plan under section 1330 of this title.
Schedule of grant payments
The Administrator and each State shall jointly establish a schedule of payments under which the Administrator will pay to the State the amount of each grant to be made to the State under this subchapter. Such schedule shall be based on the State’s intended use plan under section 1386 (c) of this title, except that—
(1) such payments shall be made in quarterly installments, and
(2) such payments shall be made as expeditiously as possible, but in no event later than the earlier of—
(A) 8 quarters after the date such funds were obligated by the State, or
(B) 12 quarters after the date such funds were allotted to the State.
Last modified: July 21, 2011