33 USC 3071 - Applicability of certain provisions of title 10
Sec. 3071. Applicability of certain provisions of title 10(a)
Provisions made applicable to the corps
The rules of law that apply to the Armed Forces under the following provisions of title 10, as those provisions are in effect from time to time, apply also to the commissioned officer corps of the Administration:
(1) Chapter 40, relating to leave.
(2) Section 533 (b), relating to constructive service.
(3) Section 716, relating to transfers between the armed forces and to and from National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
1035, relating to deposits of savings.
1036, relating to transportation and travel allowances for escorts for dependents of members.
(6) Section 1052, relating to reimbursement for adoption expenses.
(7) Section 1174a, relating to special separation benefits (except that benefits under subsection (b)(2)(B) of such section are subject to the availability of appropriations for such purpose and are provided at the discretion of the Secretary of Commerce).
(8) Chapter 61, relating to retirement or separation for physical disability.
(9) Chapter 69, relating to retired grade, except sections 1370, 1375, and 1376.
(10) Chapter 71, relating to computation of retired pay.
(11) Chapter 73, relating to annuities based on retired or retainer pay.
(12) Subchapter II of chapter 75, relating to death benefits.
2634, relating to transportation of motor vehicles for members on permanent change of station.
(14) Sections 2731 and 2735, relating to property loss incident to service.
2771, relating to final settlement of accounts of deceased members.
(16) Such other provisions of subtitle A of that title as may be adopted for applicability to the commissioned officer corps of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration by any other provision of law.
The authority vested by title 10 in the "military departments", "the Secretary concerned", or "the Secretary of Defense" with respect to the provisions of law referred to in subsection (a) of this section shall be exercised, with respect to the commissioned officer corps of the Administration, by the Secretary of Commerce or the Secretary’s designee.
Last modified: July 21, 2011