38 USC 4101 - Definitions
Sec. 4101. DefinitionsFor the purposes of this chapter—
(1) The term "special disabled veteran" has the same meaning provided in section 4211 (1) of this title.
(2) The term "veteran of the Vietnam era" has the same meaning provided in section 4211 (2) of this title.
(3) The term "disabled veteran" has the same meaning provided in section 4211 (3) of this title.
(4) The term "eligible veteran" has the same meaning provided in section 4211 (4) of this title.
(5) The term "eligible person" means—
(A) the spouse of any person who died of a service-connected disability,
(B) the spouse of any member of the Armed Forces serving on active duty who, at the time of application for assistance under this chapter, is listed, pursuant to section 556 of title 37 and regulations issued thereunder, by the Secretary concerned in one or more of the following categories and has been so listed for a total of more than ninety days:
(i) missing in action,
(ii) captured in line of duty by a hostile force, or
(iii) forcibly detained or interned in line of duty by a foreign government or power, or
(C) the spouse of any person who has a total disability permanent in nature resulting from a service-connected disability or the spouse of a veteran who died while a disability so evaluated was in existence.
(6) The term "State" means each of the several States of the United States, the District of Columbia, and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, and may include, to the extent determined necessary and feasible, Guam, American Samoa, the Virgin Islands, the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas Islands, and the Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands.
(7) The term "employment service delivery system" means a service delivery system at which or through which labor exchange services, including employment, training, and placement services, are offered in accordance with the Wagner-Peyser Act.
(8) The term "Secretary" means the Secretary of Labor.
(9) The term "intensive services" means local employment and training services of the type described in section 134(d)(3) of the Workforce Investment Act of 1998.
Last modified: July 21, 2011