Code of Virginia - Title 26 Fiduciaries Generally - Chapter 6 Conservators Of Property Of Absentees
Legal Research Home >
- 26-68 Appointment of conservator; jurisdiction and procedure
Whenever a person, hereinafter referred to as an absentee, disappears, or absents himself from his usual place of residence, or is reported or listed as ...
- 26-68.1 Proceedings to sell property of absentee after failure to locate heirs
Any duly appointed conservator of the estate of a person the presumption of whose death has been raised under § 64.1-105 or of the estate ...
- 26-69 Bond; orders and decrees as to management of estate; support of dependents
The court shall have full discretionary authority to appoint such conservator and shall require him to post an adequate bond, and shall enter such orders ...
- 26-70 Termination of conservatorship
At any time upon petition of such absentee, or upon the petition of a duly constituted attorney in fact of such absentee, if the court ...
- 26-71 Expenses and compensation
The court may allow to such conservator such expenses and compensation as to it shall seem fair and reasonable for services performed under his appointment. ...
Last modified: April 3, 2009