Code of Virginia - Title 51.1 Pensions, Benefits, And Retirement - Section 51.1-707 Authority of state social security administrator.
Legal Research Home > Virginia Lawyer
§ 51.1-707. Authority of state social security administrator.
In addition to the authority granted elsewhere under this chapter, the state social security administrator is hereby authorized to carry out all the functions required of it by the Social Security Act in connection with the agreement, including but not limited to:
1. Administer and maintain the agreement;
2. Negotiate modification to include additional coverage groups, correct errors in modifications, make elections relating to optional coverage for election workers, conduct referenda and identify additional political subdivisions which join a covered retirement system;
3. Maintain the agreement, modifications, dissolutions, and intrastate agreements in a secured location;
4. Provide the federal agency with notice and evidence of the legal dissolution of a covered employer or coverage group within an employer;
5. Resolve coverage and taxation questions related to the agreement with the federal agency and the Internal Revenue Service;
6. Negotiate with the federal agency to resolve social security contribution payment and wage reporting questions concerning wages paid before 1987;
7. Provide information to state and local public employers covered under agreements in accordance with the Social Security Act;
8. Provide information to state and local public employers in accordance with this chapter and the rules and regulations, policies, procedures, and standards regarding nonsection 218 entities; and
9. Carry out any and all other administrative duties necessary to administer the agreement.
(2005, c. 902.)Sections: Previous 51.1-700 51.1-701 51.1-702 51.1-703 51.1-704 51.1-705 51.1-706 51.1-707
Last modified: April 3, 2009