Revised Code of Washington - RCW Title 68 Cemeteries, Morgues, And Human Remains - Chapter 68.56 Penal And Miscellaneous Provisions
Legal Research Home >
- 68.56.010 Unlawful damage to graves, markers, shrubs, etc. -- Interfering with funeral
Every person is guilty of a gross misdemeanor who unlawfully or without right wilfully does any of the following: (1) Destroys, cuts, mutilates, effaces, or ...
- 68.56.020 Unlawful damage to graves, markers, shrubs, etc. -- Civil liability for damage
Any person violating any provision of *RCW 68.48.010 is liable, in a civil action by and in the name of the cemetery authority, to pay ...
- 68.56.030 Unlawful damage to graves, markers, shrubs, etc. -- Exceptions
The provisions of *RCW 68.48.010 do not apply to the removal or unavoidable breakage or injury, by a cemetery authority, of any thing placed in ...
- 68.56.040 Nonconforming cemetery a nuisance -- Penalty
Every person, firm, or corporation who is the owner or operator of a cemetery established in violation of *this act is guilty of maintaining a ...
- 68.56.050 Defendant liable for costs
Every person who violates any provision of *this act is guilty of a misdemeanor, and in addition is liable for all costs, expenses, and disbursements ...
- 68.56.060 Police authority -- Who may exercise
The sexton, superintendent or other person in charge of a cemetery, and such other persons as the cemetery authority designates have the authority of a ...
- 68.56.070 Forfeiture of office for inattention to duty
The office of any director or officer who acts or permits action contrary to *this act immediately thereupon becomes vacant.[1943 c 247 § 132; Rem. ...
- 68.56.900 Effective date -- 1987 c 331
See RCW 68.05.900. ...
Last modified: April 7, 2009