Revised Code of Washington - RCW Title 35 Cities And Towns - Section 35.21.475 Statement of restrictions applicable to real property
Legal Research Home >
§ 35.21.475. Statement of restrictions applicable to real property
(1) A property owner may make a written request for a statement of restrictions applicable to a single parcel, tract, lot, or block of real property to the city or town in which the real property is located.
(2) Within thirty days of the receipt of the request, the city or town shall provide the owner with a statement of restrictions as described in subsection (3) of this section.
(3) The statement of restrictions shall include the following:
(a) The zoning currently applicable to the real property;
(b) Pending zoning changes currently advertised for public hearing that would be applicable to the real property; and
(c) Any designations made by the city or town pursuant to chapter 36.70A RCW of any portion of the real property as agricultural land, forest land, mineral resource land, wetland, an area with a critical recharging effect on aquifers used for potable water, a fish and wildlife habitat conservation area, a frequently flooded area, and as a geological hazardous area.
(4) If a city or town fails to provide the statement of restrictions within thirty days after receipt of the written request, the owner shall be awarded recovery of all attorneys' fees and costs incurred in any successful application for a writ of mandamus to compel production of a statement.
(5) For purposes of this section:
(a) "Owner" means any vested owner or any person holding the buyer's interest under a recorded real estate contract in which the seller is the vested owner; and
(b) "Real property" means a parcel, tract, lot or block: (i) Containing a single-family residence that is occupied by the owner or a member of his or her family, or rented to another by the owner; or (ii) five acres or less in size.
(6) This section does not affect the vesting of permits or development rights.
Nothing in this section shall be deemed to create any liability on the part of a city or town to pay damages for a violation of this section.
[1996 c 206 § 6.]
Effective date -- 1996 c 206 § § 6-8: "Sections 6 through 8 of this act take effect January 1, 1997." [1996 c 206 § 13.]
Findings -- 1996 c 206: See note following RCW 43.05.030.
Sections: 35.21.427 35.21.430 35.21.440 35.21.450 35.21.455 35.21.465 35.21.470 35.21.475 35.21.500 35.21.510 35.21.520 35.21.530 35.21.540 35.21.550 35.21.560
Last modified: April 7, 2009