Revised Code of Washington - RCW Title 28A Common School Provisions - Section 28A.190.040 Educational programs for residential school residents -- Duties and authority of DSHS and residential school superintendent
Legal Research Home >
§ 28A.190.040. Educational programs for residential school residents -- Duties and authority of DSHS and residential school superintendent
The duties and authority of the department of social and health services and of each superintendent or chief administrator of a residential school to support each program of education conducted by a school district pursuant to RCW 28A.190.030, shall include the following:
(1) The provision of transportation for residential school students to and from the sites of the program of education through the purchase, lease or rental of school buses and other vehicles as necessary;
(2) The provision of safe and healthy building and playground space for the conduct of the program of education through the construction, purchase, lease or rental of such space as necessary;
(3) The provision of furniture, vocational instruction machines and tools, building and playground fixtures, and other equipment and fixtures for the conduct of the program of education through construction, purchase, lease or rental as necessary;
(4) The provision of heat, lights, telephones, janitorial services, repair services, and other support services for the vehicles, building and playground spaces, equipment and fixtures provided for in this section;
(5) The employment, supervision and control of persons to transport students and to maintain the vehicles, building and playground spaces, equipment and fixtures, provided for in this section;
(6) Clinical and medical evaluation services necessary to a determination by the school district of the educational needs of residential school students; and
(7) Such other support services and facilities as are reasonably necessary for the conduct of the program of education.
[1990 c 33 § 173; 1979 ex.s. c 217 § 3. Formerly RCW 28A.58.774.]
Effective date -- Severability -- 1979 ex.s. c 217: See notes following RCW 28A.190.020.
Sections: 28A.190.010 28A.190.020 28A.190.030 28A.190.040 28A.190.050 28A.190.060
Last modified: April 7, 2009