Revised Code of Washington - RCW Title 43 State Government -- Executive - Section 43.60A.070 Additional powers and duties of director
Legal Research Home >
§ 43.60A.070. Additional powers and duties of director
In addition to other powers and duties, the director is authorized:
(1) To cooperate with officers and agencies of the United States in all matters affecting veterans affairs;
(2) To accept grants, donations, and gifts on behalf of this state for veterans affairs from any person, corporation, government, or governmental agency, made for the benefit of a former member of the armed forces of this or any other country;
(3) To be custodian of all the records and files of the selective service system in Washington that may be turned over to this state by the United States or any department, bureau, or agency thereof; and to adopt and promulgate such rules and regulations as may be necessary for the preservation of such records and the proper use thereof in keeping with their confidential nature;
(4) To act without bond as conservator of the estate of a beneficiary of the veterans administration when the director determines no other suitable person will so act;
(5) To extend on behalf of the state of Washington such assistance as the director shall determine to be reasonably required to any veteran and to the dependents of any such veteran;
(6) To adopt rules pursuant to chapter 34.05 RCW, the Administrative Procedure Act, with respect to all matters of administration to carry into effect the purposes of this section. Such proposed rules shall be submitted by the department at the time of filing notice with the code reviser as required by RCW 34.05.320 to the respective legislative committees of the senate and of the house of representatives dealing with the subject of veteran affairs legislation through the offices of the secretary of the senate and chief clerk of the house of representatives.
[1989 c 175 § 108; 1975-'76 2nd ex.s. c 115 § 8.]
Effective date -- 1989 c 175: See note following RCW 34.05.010.
Sections: 43.60A.010 43.60A.020 43.60A.030 43.60A.040 43.60A.050 43.60A.060 43.60A.070 43.60A.075 43.60A.080 43.60A.100 43.60A.110 43.60A.120 43.60A.130 43.60A.140 43.60A.150
Last modified: April 8, 2009