Nevada Revised Statutes Section 119B.430 - Property Rights and Transactions
Unfair methods of competition; deceptive or unfair practices. It is unlawful to engage in unfair methods of competition or deceptive or unfair practices in the offer to sell or sale of a membership. These practices include, without limitation:
1. Misrepresenting or failing to disclose any material fact concerning a campground or membership.
2. Including in any agreement for purchase of a membership provisions purporting to waive any right or benefit provided for purchasers under this chapter.
3. Receiving from a prospective purchaser any money or other valuable consideration before the purchaser receives the information required by NRS 119B.270.
4. Misrepresenting the amount of time or the date a camping site will be available to a purchaser.
5. Misrepresenting the location of the campground.
6. Misrepresenting the size, nature, extent, qualities or characteristics of the campground.
7. Misrepresenting the nature or extent of any services incident to the membership.
8. Misrepresenting the conditions under which a purchaser may exchange occupancy rights in a campground in one location for occupancy rights in a campground at another location.
9. Failing to disclose initially that any promised entertainment, food or other inducements are being offered to solicit the sale of a membership.
10. Conducting or participating in, without prior approval by the Division, any type of lottery or contest, or offering prizes or gifts to induce or encourage a person to visit a campground, attend a meeting at which a membership will be discussed, attend a presentation, or purchase a membership.
11. Any act or practice considered an unfair method of competition or an unfair or deceptive act or practice under NRS 207.170, 207.171 or 598.0915 to 598.0925, inclusive, or chapter 598A or 599A of NRS.
12. Making any false promises of a character likely to influence, persuade or induce.
13. Engaging in any fraudulent, misleading or oppressive techniques or tactics of selling.
Last modified: February 28, 2006