Oregon Statutes - Chapter 18 - Judgments - Section 18.607 - Form of writ; single writ for two or more debtors.
(1) Except as otherwise provided by law, a writ of garnishment must be in substantially the form provided by ORS 18.830. Notation on the writ of additional information for purposes of identifying the debtor or the garnishable property believed to be held by the garnishee does not affect the validity or operation of the writ. A debt calculation form, in substantially the form provided by ORS 18.832, must be prepared for each writ of garnishment issued.
(2) A writ of garnishment must contain all of the following information:
(a) The name of the court whose authority is invoked.
(b) The names of the creditor and debtor.
(c) The name of the garnishor.
(d) The date on which judgment was entered against the debtor or the debt otherwise became subject to garnishment under ORS 18.605.
(e) The debtor’s Social Security number or employer identification number, if those numbers are known by the garnishor. A public body, as defined in ORS 174.109, shall not include the Social Security number of the debtor if the disclosure of the Social Security number would violate federal law or any law of this state.
(f) The amount subject to garnishment under the writ, as determined by completing the debt calculation form provided in ORS 18.832.
(g) The date on which the writ is issued.
(h) All addresses required in the writ of garnishment form provided by ORS 18.830.
(3) If a writ of garnishment is issued by the court administrator, the creditor must sign the certification in the writ indicating that the creditor has read the writ and that to the best of the knowledge, information and belief of the creditor there is good ground to support issuance of the writ and the amount indicated in the writ as subject to garnishment.
(4) If a writ is issued by any person other than the court administrator, the person issuing the writ must sign the certification described in subsection (3) of this section.
(5) A single writ may be issued for two or more debtors if those debtors are jointly liable on all or part of the debt. [2001 c.249 §4; 2003 c.85 §3; 2003 c.576 §48]Section: Previous 18.590 18.592 18.594 18.598 18.600 18.602 18.605 18.607 18.609 18.610 18.615 18.618 18.620 18.625 18.627 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008