(1) After an order is entered forming a district, the county court of the county in which the district is situated shall forthwith appoint a governing board of five trustees each of whom shall be a resident and elector of the district.
(2) The trustees shall hold office for four years and until their successors are appointed and qualified, except that for each new board of five trustees one member shall be appointed for a term of one year, one for a term of two years, one for a term of three years and two for a term of four years.
(3) Each trustee shall take an oath to faithfully perform the duties of office. The oath shall be filed with the county clerk.
(4) The board of trustees shall elect a president, a secretary and a treasurer at the first meeting of each calendar year. Officers shall serve for one calendar year.
(5) All health officers with offices in the district shall be ex officio members of the board without vote and shall be offered the opportunity to assist in the creation of district plans.
(6) The board of trustees may compensate a trustee in an amount not exceeding $100 per year for attendance at conferences that provide training and education to carry out trustee duties under ORS 452.110.
(7) The board of trustees may adopt a resolution to change the name of the district. The board shall file a copy of a resolution changing the name of the district with the Secretary of State and the county clerk within 10 days after adopting the resolution. Following a name change, the district name must contain the words:
(a) Vector control district;
(b) Mosquito and vector control district;
(c) Mosquito control district; or
(d) Vector and predatory animal control district. [Amended by 1959 c.600 §5; 1967 c.215 §1; 1969 c.345 §10; 1971 c.403 §8; 1971 c.727 §136; 2007 c.258 §2]Section: Previous 452.030 452.040 452.050 452.060 452.061 452.070 452.075 452.080 452.090 452.100 452.110 452.120 452.130 452.140 452.145 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008