The board of trustees of a control district may:
(1) Take all necessary and proper steps and measures for the prevention, control or eradication of public health vectors and vector habitats within the district and for the control of predatory animals within the district, using integrated pest management methods. Prior to taking such measures the board shall consider technical information available to it for the purpose of determining the need for control measures and the need for specific actions.
(2) Enter upon any land, public or private, within the district at any reasonable time to inspect for or to prevent, control or eradicate public health vectors and vector habitats using integrated pest management methods.
(3) Purchase all needed equipment, supplies and materials.
(4) Employ such labor and service as may be proper or necessary in the furtherance of the objects of ORS 452.020 to 452.170.
(5) Employ labor and services and fix the compensation and prescribe the duties of all employees, agents and servants.
(6) Acquire by gift or purchase, hold, manage and dispose of real and personal property in the name of the district in the furtherance of the purposes for which the district is established.
(7) Work cooperatively with irrigation and drainage districts, municipal corporations or other public agencies, and use the technical expertise of the district to assist those agencies in the construction, improvement, repair and maintenance of ditches when such work is necessary for, or incident to, the prevention, control and eradication of predatory animals or public health vectors.
(8) Enter into a contract with a city, county, district described in ORS 198.010 or person to perform, or to act jointly or in cooperation with the city, county, district or person in performing, any abatement practice or other activity that the vector control district is authorized to perform for the eradication, control and prevention of public health vectors and vector habitats or predatory animals.
(9) Generally do all things necessary or incident to the powers granted and to carry out the objectives specified in this section. [Amended by 1959 c.600 §6; 1981 c.640 §1; 1983 c.207 §1; 1987 c.298 §2; 2007 c.258 §3]Section: Previous 452.060 452.061 452.070 452.075 452.080 452.090 452.100 452.110 452.120 452.130 452.140 452.145 452.150 452.151 452.153 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008