Chapter 1. Place of Trial - California Code of Civil Procedure Section 397

397.  The court may, on motion, change the place of trial in the
following cases:
   (a) When the court designated in the complaint is not the proper
   (b) When there is reason to believe that an impartial trial cannot
be had therein.
   (c) When the convenience of witnesses and the ends of justice
would be promoted by the change.
   (d) When from any cause there is no judge of the court qualified
to act.
   (e) When a proceeding for dissolution of marriage has been filed
in the county in which the petitioner has been a resident for three
months next preceding the commencement of the proceeding, and the
respondent at the time of the commencement of the proceeding is a
resident of another county in this state, to the county of the
respondent's residence when the ends of justice would be promoted by
the change. If a motion to change the place of trial is made pursuant
to this paragraph, the court may, prior to the determination of such
motion, consider and determine motions for allowance of temporary
spousal support, support of children, temporary restraining orders,
attorneys' fees, and costs, and make all necessary and proper orders
in connection therewith.
Section: Previous  395  395.1  395.2  395.5  396  396a  396b  397  397.5  398  399  400  401  402  403  Next

Last modified: February 16, 2015