(a) A certificated ownership interest in a domestic entity may contain an impression of the seal of the entity, if any. A facsimile of the entity's seal may be printed or lithographed on the certificate.
(b) If a domestic entity is authorized to issue ownership interests of more than one class or series, each certificate representing ownership interests that is issued by the entity must conspicuously state on the front or back of the certificate:
(1) the designations, preferences, limitations, and relative rights of the ownership interests of each class or series to the extent they have been determined and the authority of the governing authority to make those determinations as to subsequent classes or series; or
(2) that the information required by subsection (1) is stated in the domestic entity's governing documents and that the domestic entity, on written request to the entity's principal office or registered office, will provide a free copy of that information to the record holder of the certificate.
(c) A certificate representing ownership interests must state on the front of the certificate:
(1) that the domestic entity is organized under the laws of this state;
(2) the name of the person to whom the certificate is issued;
(3) the number and class of ownership interests and the designation of the series, if any, represented by the certificate; and
(4) if the ownership interests are shares, the par value of each share represented by the certificate, or a statement that the shares are without par value.
(d) A certificate representing ownership interests that is subject to a restriction, placed by or agreed to by the domestic entity pursuant to this title on the transfer or registration of the transfer of the ownership interests must conspicuously note the existence of the restriction on the front or back of the certificate. Even if not so noted, a restriction is enforceable against a person with actual knowledge of the restriction.
(e) Abbreviations may be used in the inscribing of certificates representing ownership interests. Without limiting the use of other abbreviations, however, the following or substantially similar abbreviations may be used in the inscribing of such certificates, and shall be construed as though they were written out in full and shall be accorded the meaning ascribed herein.
|TEN COM||As tenants in common.|
|JTWROS||As joint tenants with rights of survivorship and not as tenants in common.|
|JT TEN||As joint tenants with rights of survivorship and not as tenants in common.|
|CUSTODIAN FOR, UTMA||As custodian for______(name of minor) under the Uniform Transfers to Minors Act.|
Last modified: May 3, 2021