The certificate of incorporation of the authority shall state:
(1) The names of the persons forming the authority, together with the residence of each person, and that each of them is a duly qualified elector of at least one of the subdivisions.
(2) The name of the authority, which may be a name indicating in a general way the area proposed to be served by the authority and shall include the words "Public Park Authority" (e.g., "The _____ Public Park Authority," or "The Public Park Authority of _____," the blank spaces to be filled in with the name of one or more of the authorizing subdivisions or other geographically descriptive word or words, the descriptive word or words shall not, however, preclude the authority from locating facilities or otherwise exercising its powers in other geographical areas), unless the Secretary of State shall determine that the name is identical to the name of any other corporation organized under the laws of the state or so nearly similar thereto as to lead to confusion and uncertainty, in which case, the incorporators may insert additional identifying words so as to eliminate the possibility of duplication or similarity.
(3) The period for the duration of the authority (if the duration is to be perpetual, that fact should be so stated).
(4) The name of each authorizing subdivision, together with the date on which the governing body thereof adopted an authorizing resolution.
(5) The proposed location of the principal office of the authority, which shall be within the boundaries of one of the authorizing subdivisions.
(6) That the authority is organized pursuant to the provisions of this article.
(7) If the exercise by the authority of any of its powers hereunder is to be in any way prohibited, limited, or conditioned and a statement of the terms of the prohibition, limitation, or condition.
(8) The number of members of the board of directors of the authority, which shall be an odd number not less than three, the duration of their respective terms of office, which shall not be in excess of six years, and the manner of their election or appointment.
(9) Any provisions, not inconsistent with this article, which relate to the vesting of title to its properties upon its dissolution.
(10) A statement as to whether employees of the authority shall or shall not be subject to civil service laws, retirement laws, and disability laws applicable to employees of one of the authorizing subdivisions which then may be in effect or may thereafter be enacted.
(11) Any other matters relating to the authority that the incorporators may choose to insert and that are not inconsistent with this article or with the laws of the state.
Last modified: May 3, 2021