(a) For the purpose of earning sufficient revenues to make possible the payment of all ownership costs of the authority relating to any project, the authority is authorized, empowered and directed to fix and revise rates and collect fees, tolls, and other charges with respect to each project which it shall cause to be acquired or constructed. Such rates, fees, tolls, and other charges to be paid for the output, capacity, use or service of each project and other resources of the authority shall be so fixed and adjusted from time to time as to provide funds at least sufficient with other revenues, if any, of the authority and of each of its projects:
(1) To pay the costs of operating, maintaining, leasing, repairing, and disposing of projects, including reserves for insurance and extraordinary repairs, reserves for renewals and replacements, reserves for fuel, reserves for working capital, reserves for the improvement, replacement, expansion or disposition of the project, taxes or payments in lieu of taxes or reserves therefor and other reserves required by the resolution, trust agreement or indenture pertaining to the bonds, bond anticipation notes or notes and the issuance thereof unless those costs shall be otherwise provided for; the cost of maintaining, operating, and conducting the business of the authority, including salaries, fees for professional services, including accounting, engineering, legal, financial and others, and all expenses properly relating to the conduct of the affairs of the authority; the cost of power, whether generated by the authority or acquired from others, and all other costs associated with the operation of the authority and its projects;
(2) To pay the principal of and interest on all bonds, bond anticipation notes and notes, as they shall become due, including call premium, if any, the proceeds of which shall have been or will be used to pay the costs of any project, and to pay any other obligations of the authority;
(3) To comply with any debt service reserve requirements contained in any resolution, trust agreement or indenture pertaining to the issuance of any bonds, bond anticipation notes or notes;
(4) To perform fully all provisions of any resolution, trust agreement or indenture relating to the issuance of any bonds, bond anticipation notes or notes to the payment of which the revenues are pledged;
(5) To provide for the accumulation of any excess revenues to provide any debt service coverage which may be required by the purchasers of the bonds, bond anticipation notes or notes or may be dictated by the requirements of the resolution, trust agreement or indenture pertaining to the issuance of the bonds, bond anticipation notes or notes or may be desirable in order to achieve ready marketability of and low interest rates on the bonds, bond anticipation notes or notes; and
(6) To pay any expenses in connection with the issuance of bonds, bond anticipation notes or notes or any project, including but not limited to, trustee's fees and fiscal agent's fees.
The authority shall not operate or construct any project for profit except insofar as any such profit will inure to the benefit of the public. It shall fix rates, fees, tolls and other charges consistent with this declaration of policy such as will produce revenues only in amounts sufficient, together with all other revenues of the authority, to pay all costs and meet all obligations and other requirements described in this subsection.
(b) The authority shall be permitted to assign any payments due or to become due to the authority pursuant to the contract described in Section 11-50A-17 to any trustee or paying agent required by the terms of any resolution, trust agreement or indenture relating to the issuance of and security for any bonds, bond anticipation notes, or notes.
(c) The use and disposition of the authority's revenues shall be subject to the provisions of any resolution authorizing the issuance of any bonds, bond anticipation notes or notes, or of the trust agreement or indenture, if any, securing any bonds, bond anticipation notes or notes.
Last modified: May 3, 2021