(a) The proceeds derived from the sale of any bonds issued under authority of this article, other than refunding bonds, shall be used only to pay the cost of acquiring, constructing, improving, enlarging, equipping and furnishing one or more projects as may be provided in the proceedings in which the bonds are authorized to be issued.
(b) Such cost shall be deemed to include the following:
(1) The cost of acquiring any land forming a part of the project;
(2) The cost of the labor, materials and supplies used in any such construction, improvement or enlargement, including architect's and engineer's fees and the cost of preparing contract documents;
(3) The purchase price of and the cost of installing equipment, furniture and furnishings for the project;
(4) The cost of landscaping the lands forming a part of the project and of constructing and installing roads, sidewalks, curbs, gutters, utilities and parking facilities in connection therewith;
(5) Legal, fiscal and recording fees and expenses incurred in connection with any such acquisition and construction and with the authorization, sale and issuance of the bonds issued in connection with the project; and
(6) Interest on the bonds for a reasonable period prior to the commencement of the construction of the project and during the period that it is estimated will be required for such construction and for a period of not more than six months after the completion of such construction.
(c) If any proceeds derived from the sale of the bonds remain undisbursed after completion of the work and payment of all costs and expenses in connection with the project with respect to which the bonds are issued, such balance shall be applied toward the retirement of the bonds. The proceeds derived from the sale of any refunding bonds shall be used only for the purposes for which the refunding bonds were authorized to be issued.
Last modified: May 3, 2021