(a) The certificate of incorporation of any corporation organized under this chapter shall set forth:
(1) The names and residences of the applicants, together with a recital that each of them is an elector of and taxpayer in the municipality;
(2) The name of the corporation which shall be the Public Park and Recreation Board of the _____ of _____ (the blank spaces to be filled in with the name of the municipality, including the proper designation thereof as a city or town), if such name shall be available for use by the corporation and, if not available, then the incorporators shall designate some other similar name that is available;
(3) A recital that permission to organize the corporation has been granted by a resolution duly adopted by the governing body of the municipality and the date of the adoption of such resolution;
(4) The location of the principal office of the corporation (which shall be in the municipality);
(5) The purposes for which the corporation is proposed to be organized, which purposes shall be those set forth in the application for authority to incorporate;
(6) The number of directors of the corporation;
(7) The period for the duration of the corporation (if the duration is perpetual, the fact should be stated); and
(8) Any other matter which the applicants may choose to insert therein which shall not be inconsistent with this chapter or with the laws of the State of Alabama.
(b) The certificate of incorporation shall be subscribed and acknowledged by each of the applicants before an officer authorized by the laws of Alabama to take acknowledgments to deeds.
Last modified: May 3, 2021