Code of Alabama - Title 11: Counties and Municipal Corporations - Section 11-72-10 - Appeals

Section 11-72-10 - Appeals.

Any person aggrieved by any decision of any officer or agent of the commission to whom its duties are delegated, or of any decision of the commission may appeal to the city council of the Class 2 municipality under any such rules and regulation as the city council may adopt. Any person aggrieved by any decision of the city council may, within 15 days thereafter, appeal to the circuit court of the county in which the Class 2 municipality is located, by filing with the city council a written notice of appeal and making and filing with the clerk of the court a bond approved by the clerk conditioned to pay the costs of the appeal. The hearing and trial in the circuit court shall be de novo. No appeal shall authorize any person to take any action pending appeal, application for which has been denied by the Tree Commission or city council.

(Act 2015-116, §2(10).)

Last modified: May 3, 2021