(a) As used in this section, the term minor victim means a person who committed, or was solicited to commit, an act of prostitution while the person was a minor.
(b) Evidence of any of the following facts or conditions does not constitute a defense in a prosecution under Section 13A-12-121.1, nor shall the evidence preclude a finding of a violation:
(1) A minor victim's sexual history or history of commercial sexual activity.
(2) A minor victim's connection by blood or marriage to a defendant in the case or to anyone involved in the minor victim's prostitution.
(3) Consent of or permission by a minor victim or anyone else on the minor victim's behalf to any commercial sex act or sexually explicit performance.
(4) Age of consent to engage in sexual activity.
(5) Mistake as to the minor victim's age, even if the mistake is reasonable.
Last modified: May 3, 2021