As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
(1) CHEMICAL SUBSTANCE. A substance intended to be used as a precursor in the manufacture of a controlled substance, or any other chemical intended to be used in the manufacture of a controlled substance. Intent under this subdivision may be demonstrated by the substance's use, quantity, manner of storage, or proximity to other precursors, or to manufacturing equipment.
(2) CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE. Controlled substance as defined in subdivision (4) of Section 20-2-2.
(3) DRUG PARAPHERNALIA. Drug paraphernalia as defined in Section 13A-12-260.
(4) RESPONSIBLE PERSON. A child's natural parent, stepparent, adoptive parent, legal guardian, custodian, or any other person who has the permanent or temporary care or custody or responsibility for the supervision of a child.
(5) SERIOUS PHYSICAL INJURY. Serious physical injury as defined in Section 13A-1-2.
Last modified: May 3, 2021