Code of Alabama - Title 29: Legislature - Chapter 4 - Subordinate Officers and Employees
- Article 1 General Provisions.
- Section 29-4-1 Compensation shall be certified
Except as otherwise expressly provided, the compensation due to officers and employees subject to this chapter shall be certified by the Secretary of the Senate...
- Section 29-4-2 Salary increase; schedule of rates revision; employees of the state
(a) Any salary increase provided for state employees who are listed in the classified and unclassified service of the State of Alabama as defined in...
- Section 29-4-3 No discrimination in selection of employees
In the selection of the employees of the Legislature, there shall be no discrimination on account of sex, race, creed, or color.
- Section 29-4-4 Security personnel - Responsibilities; powers
(a) Security personnel employed by the House of Representatives and the Senate shall be responsible for the security of the fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, and...
- Section 29-4-5 Retirement
(a) Any Alabama state trooper who retires, and who has not reached the age of 65, may be employed or reemployed as a guard, marshal,...
- Section 29-4-6 Rights of retired employees
(a) It is lawful and permissible for any public employee who has retired under the Employees' Retirement System or the Judicial Retirement Fund to be...
- Article 2 Officers and Employees of the Senate.
- Article 3 Officers and Employees of the House of Representatives.
- Article 4 Joint Operations.
- Article 5 Lieutenant Governor.
- Article 6 Speaker of the House of Representatives.
- Article 7 Senate President Pro Tempore.
Last modified: May 3, 2021