The board may refuse to grant, refuse to renew, suspend, or revoke the license of, or fine a cremationist or crematory, after proper hearing and notice is provided to the licensee, upon the board finding the licensee is guilty of any of the following:
(1) Any violation of this chapter or order or rule of the board.
(2) The performance of a cremation service by a person who is not licensed as a cremationist and who has not completed a training program as required by this chapter.
(3) Operating a building or structure within this state as a crematory without being licensed under this chapter.
(4) Violating any cremation procedure required by this chapter or rule of the board.
(5) Performing a cremation without receipt of a cremation authorization form signed by the authorizing agent.
(6) Signing a cremation authorization form with the actual knowledge that the form contains false or incorrect information.
(7) Accepting human remains from another funeral establishment without a completed cremation authorization form signed by the authorizing agent, a state identification form with the signature of the releasing party, and an undetachable ankle bracelet identifying the remains.
(8) Failure to maintain the internal identification system as required by the board.
(9) Failure to maintain identifying paperwork with the appropriate signatures.
(10) Failure to file an annual cremation report in the form required by the board.
(11) Failure to maintain a current cremation log.
Last modified: May 3, 2021