(a) Each individual applicant shall meet the following criteria that he or she:
(1) Is at least 21 years of age.
(2) Has not been declared by any court of competent jurisdiction incompetent by reason of mental defect or disease unless a court of competent jurisdiction has subsequently declared the applicant competent.
(3) Has not been convicted of a crime of moral turpitude, with the board having the final determination on the interpretation of moral turpitude.
(4) Has not been convicted of a felony crime.
(5) Has passed an examination to be administered twice annually by the board designed to measure knowledge and competence in the investigation field.
(b) A study guide shall be provided to any applicant seeking to obtain an initial or renewal license under this chapter.
(c) Any investigator currently holding a business license in the State of Alabama shall not have to meet the initial application requirements of this chapter, but shall be issued a license pursuant to this chapter upon application.
Last modified: May 3, 2021