No person may engage in the independent clinical practice of social work unless he or she is:
(1) Licensed under this chapter as a licensed independent clinical social worker; and
(2) Has a doctorate or master's degree from a school of social work approved, accredited, or in candidacy granted by the Council on Social Work Education; and
(3) Has had two years' full-time or three years' part-time postgraduate experience under appropriate supervision in the specified social work method or four years' full-time or five years' part-time postgraduate experience under appropriate supervision in the speciality in which the applicant will practice.
(4) Has passed an examination prepared by the board for this purpose; except, that prior to the time that an examination is prepared by the board for this purpose, no person who otherwise meets the requirements of this section will be prohibited from engaging in the private independent practice of social work; and
(5) Has been issued by mail a certified letter of certification stating his or her qualification for private independent practice by the board; and
(6) Has paid an initial certification fee set by the board.
Last modified: May 3, 2021