(a) The State Fire Marshal shall collect and publish data on all residential structural fires in Alabama in a report that includes all of the following information:
(1) The type of structure.
(2) The age of the structure.
(3) The code enforced when the structure was constructed.
(4) The cause of the fire.
(5) Whether the cause of the fire was the result of a criminal or suspicious event.
(6) The materials used in the construction of the structure.
(7) The type and amount of damage to the structure.
(8) The type and number of functional smoke detectors and fire sprinklers installed in the structure.
(b)(1) All information collected pursuant to this section shall be made available to the public, free of charge, on the website of the State Fire Marshal.
(2) The information shall be recorded and published on a monthly basis and maintained thereafter in a sortable electronic format on the website of the State Fire Marshal.
Last modified: May 3, 2021