In addition to other rights granted a dietitian/nutritionist or registered dietitian, by whatever name, and notwithstanding any other provision of law, a dietitian/nutritionist or registered dietitian meeting the qualifications set forth in Section 34-34-1, may, upon referral by a health care provider authorized to prescribe dietary treatments:
(1) Assess the nutritional needs of individuals and groups, and determine the source of constraints in the various practice settings;
(2) Establish priorities, goals, and objectives that meet nutritional needs and are consistent with available resources and constraints;
(3) Provide nutrition counseling in both health and disease;
(4) Develop, implement, and manage systems in nutrition care;
(5) Evaluate the needs, make changes, and maintain appropriate standards of quality in food and nutrition services; for individuals or groups of patients in licensed institutional facilities or in private office settings.
Last modified: May 3, 2021