(a) The provisions of this chapter shall not apply to:
(1) Civic and nonprofit organizations, wholesale sales to retail merchants by commercial travelers or agents selling in the usual course of business;
(2) Wholesale trade shows or conventions;
(3) Sales of goods, wares, services, or merchandise by sample catalogue or brochure for future delivery;
(4) Fairs and convention center activities conducted primarily for amusement or entertainment;
(5) Any general sale, fair, auction, or bazaar sponsored by a church or religious organization;
(6) Garage sales held on premises devoted to residential use;
(7) Sales of crafts or items made by hand or sold or offered for sale by the person making the crafts or items;
(8) Duly licensed flea markets operating from a fixed location;
(9) Sales of agricultural products, except nursery products and foliage plants; or
(10) Sample sales made by a seller at residential premises under an invitation issued by the owner or legal occupant of the premises.
(b) A transient merchant not otherwise exempted from this chapter is not exempted from this chapter because of a temporary association with a local dealer, auctioneer, trader, contractor, or merchant, or by conducting the transient business in connection with or in the name of any local dealer, auctioneer, trader, contractor, or merchant.
Last modified: May 3, 2021