The board may refuse to issue a license certificate to any person and, after notice and hearing pursuant to its regulations and rules, may suspend or revoke the license certificate of any person who has done any of the following:
(1) Practiced athletic training other than under the direction or referral, or both, of a physician licensed to practice medicine or surgery.
(2) Uses drugs or intoxicating liquors to an extent which affects professional competency.
(3) Obtained or attempted to obtain a license by fraud or deception.
(4) Been grossly negligent in the practice of athletic training.
(5) Been adjudged mentally incompetent by a court of competent jurisdiction.
(6) Been guilty of conduct detrimental to the best interest of the public.
(7) Has been imprisoned for violating any state or federal controlled substance law.
(8) Treated or undertaken to treat human ailments otherwise than by athletic training and according to standards established by the board.
(9) Advertised unethically according to standards as set by the board.
(10) Failed or refused to obey any lawful order or regulation of the board.
(11) Unlawful invasion of the field of practice of any other profession.
Last modified: May 3, 2021