Code of Alabama - Title 40: Revenue and Taxation - Section 40-12-130 - Mining of iron ore - Report of persons receiving products

Section 40-12-130 - Mining of iron ore - Report of persons receiving products.

Every person or corporation receiving coal or iron ore from any mine in this state for transportation or use shall render to the Department of Revenue by the twentieth day of each month a statement in writing, duly sworn to by some person having knowledge of the facts before some officer authorized by law to administer oaths, of the number of tons so received during the preceding month. Every person receiving coal or iron ore from any mine in this state and transporting the same in motor trucks shall, in addition to the above requirements, show to whom and where each ton of coal or iron ore was delivered. Every person or corporation receiving coal or iron ore from any mine in this state for transportation or use, who shall fail by the twentieth day of the succeeding month to render the statement required herein, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction therefor, shall be fined not less than $10 nor more than $500.

(Acts 1935, No. 194, p. 256; Code 1940, T. 51, §558.)

Last modified: May 3, 2021